Free and Biggest Ruby On Rails Tutorials with 850+ Members Starts Soon
Free and Biggest Ruby on Rails Tutorial Starts from 15th July 2008.
It is a well known fact that Ruby on Rails is gaining quite a bit of popularity among developers and deployers of Web applications.. and for good reasons. Rails is considered a well thought out Web application framework based on several development principles such as Don’t Repeat Yourself (DRY), Convention Over Configuration, which enables an agile yet practical development environment. Ruby on Rails provides another benefit by allowing them to leverage the stability and the reliability of the Java platform. This course will go through briefly the basics of Ruby programming language first. The rest of the course will be devoted to learning Rails functionality such as Active Record, Active Controller, and Active View.
We are providing herewith full details with all the necessary links regarding the course.
The First batch, will be starting from 15th July 2008
Name of the course:- Ruby On Rails, Programming with Passion.The Tutor of the this course is:- Sang Shin
Current Members:- 850+ and Still growing
Course Duration:- July to November 2008
IDE Required:- Netbeans 6.1( Free IDE )
Course Fees:- Absolutely Free. ” Say..Thanks to Sang Shin “
Joining Date:- Hurry Up.
How to Join:-
Its simple. All you have to do is send a blank email at the email address given below. This blank email will automatically enroll you to the course, as well as to the forums for this course.
This forum can be used for posting questions/answers. Please use this forum for all class related communication (technical or non-technical).
Topics and Schedule:-
Note that only the topics with the dates assigned will be covered in this course. (You need to submit homeworks only on the topics that have dates.) You will be provided with presentation slides and Hands On Labs for the topics mentioned below. Many of the Hands on labs ( HOL ) are ready and many would be available soon.
What is Hands on Labs ( HOL )
Hands on labs are easy explanation Tutorials with lots of Images.
HOL provides you with Images captured in Browser as you proceed with the Step By Step Example. The advantage is clear, you can easily understand whats going on, plus you can easily see the image to check, whether you are heading in the right direction or any step is missed by you.
The Tutor has taken lots of efforts by offering plenty of images for each tutorials, making you understand Rails much easier and faster.
You can immediately start reading with the available PDF files, Slides, References and Hands on Labs ( HOL ) that are ready.
1. Ruby Language Basics => July 15th. => HOL Ready
2. Ruby Language Meta-programming. => July 22nd. => HOL Ready
3. JRuby Basics. => July 29th. => HOL Ready
4. Ruby on Rails Basics. => August 5th.=> HOL Ready
5. Scaffolding. => August 12th. => HOL Ready
6. JRuby and Rails Support in NetBeans => August 26th
7. Active Record Basics. => Sep. 2nd. => HOL Ready
8. Active Record Associations. => Sep. 9th.
9. Action Controller Basics. => Sep. 23rd.
10. Action View Basics.=> Sep. 30th.
11. Action View Helpers. => Oct. 7th.
12. Ajax. => Oct. 21st, 2008.=> HOL partially ready
13. REST support. => Oct. 28th
14. Testing. => Nov. 4th.
15. Deployment. => Nov. 18th, 2008
16. Example Application. =>Depot (Ecommerce) Nov. 25th.=> HOL ready
17. Example Application. =>Flickr (Photo) Dec. 2nd. => HOL ready
18. Example Application. => CheckItOut (Personal Finance) Dec. 9th. => HOL Ready
19. Example Application. => Redmine (Project Management) Dec. 16th. => HOL Ready
Other Examples Applications:-
1. Example Application – Typo (Blogging Engine) - hands-on lab ready
2. Example Application – Substruct (Ecommerce) - hands-on lab ready
3. Example Application – FreeMIS (MIS) - hands-on lab ready
4. Example Application – TimeTracker - hands-on lab ready
5. Gems and Helpers – hands-on lab partially ready
7. Performance -
8. Action Mailer
9. Rails Security
10. Rails and other Web technologies (jMaki) -
11. Plug-in -
12. Rails 2.0 Features
13. Misc Topics
If You are a Newbie or Fresher in Ruby On Rails….
We suggest you to take the maximum advantage by participating in the Training and learn with the best of material available, Since this is the Biggest ever Online Ruby On Rails tutorial so far.
If you are an Experienced Developer….
We suggest you to participate in this tutorials by answering threads/questions in the forum and helping others with your well laid knowledge. This would make life of the Tutorial a bit easier, with less burden on his head.
The Tutor has already helped us a lot, lets say thanks to him by taking much burden of his head by participating and answering at least few questions, which you think you know.
Last but not the least.
Please promote this Tutorial in your group, so that maximum students can take maximum advantage.