Download The Latest Ruby Book with Source Codes Here…
The Book Of Ruby…
The Book Of Ruby is a comprehensive free tutorial to the Ruby language. Eventually it will form a book of more than 400 pages in 20 chapters.
It is being provided in the form of a PDF document in which each chapter is accompanied by ready-to-run source code for all the examples. The Introduction explains how to use this source code in Ruby In Steel or any other editor/IDE of your choice.
The Book Of Ruby is written by Huw Collingbourne – one of the developers of the Ruby In Steel IDE.
It is being provided here on the Sapphire Steel Software site as a PDF book which will grow as chapters are added.
Currently 3 chapters are available with source codes.
– GETTING STARTED WITH RUBY
* How To Read This Book
* Digging Deeper
* Making Sense Of The Text
– RUBY AND RAILS
* What Is Ruby?
* What Is Rails?
* Download Ruby
* Get The Source Code Of The Sample Programs
* Running Ruby Programs
* The Ruby Library Documentation
– STRINGS, NUMBERS, CLASSES AND OBJECTS
* Getting and Putting Input
* Strings and Embedded Evaluation
* Testing a Condition: if … then
* Local and Global Variables
* Classes and Objects
* Instance Variables
* Messages, Methods and Polymorphism
* Constructors – new and initialize
* Inspecting Objects
– CLASS HIERARCHIES, ATTRIBUTES AND CLASS VARIABLES
* Superclasses and Subclasses
* Passing Arguments To The Superclass
* Accessor Methods
* ‘Set’ Accessors
* Attribute Readers and Writers
* Calling Methods of a Superclass
* Class Variables
– DIGGING DEEPER
* Constants Inside Classes
* Partial Classes
– STRINGS AND RANGES
* User-Defined String Delimiters
* String Handling
– DIGGING DEEPER
* Iterating With A Range
* String Literals
Download Like is here.